Thursday, December 18, 2008

What's in a name...

Recently, Rachel was interested in the meaning of her name. That led to a fun search of the meaning of each family member's name...

Erling Alex
Erling: Noblemans son
Alex: Protector of mankind

Tanya Ann
Tanya: Fairy queen
Ann: Gracious

Rachel Ann
Rachel: Innocent lamb
Ann: Gracious

Elisabeth Nicole
Elisabeth: Consecrated to God
Nicole: Victory of the people
Nickname "Elli" means devoted to God

Benjamin Alex
Benjamin: Son of my right hand
Alex: Protecter of mankind

The Dogs
Molly: Bitter
Zelda: Woman warrior

Well, I'm a "gracious fairy princess"...how fitting! O.K., let's hear it. What does your name mean?

You can go to http://www.meaning-of-names.com/search/ to find out.

3 comments:

miklayla said...

how fitting that is, you are right!!!
Michelle

Heather said...

That's really cool. I can only find definitions to the word Heather (I'm a flower). Where did you find your name meanings?

Tanya said...

I added a link to the post. You are a flower. A beautiful one at that!!