Just a warning... you don't really have to read this. This post is mostly because I am daring myself to do it. I have too.
And so it begins, the start of periodic blog entries on my weight loss journey. I joined Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago. This is not my first rodeo. I think I have 3 or 4 different WW starter books floating around and amazingly every time I go into WW to re-join, they take me back, no questions asked. I'm sure it's because they want me to succeed.
Recently, I've found myself gravitating toward blogs that inspire in the "get healthy" area. This is not bound to be one of them. This is my own personal account of what is real about me... I love food! I eat when I am stressed, I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm bored, I eat when I'm sick.... not many occasions that I can think of when I don't like to eat.
Fortunately, I like all food that is healthy.... in addition to all that is NOT. There is no denying that I feel better physically when I am making healthy choices. It's getting to the point where I feel better emotionally. I do love those sugar comas.
So, here is my progress so far... 7 pounds lost (my weight loss goal is 80 punds). Easter candy out of the house. check. Easter candy is evil. Starting my morning workouts tomorrow. 6:45 am and taking it easy on the tredmill for 30 minutes. It won't be anything to brag about, but I only have one more week until I can't say that I am still recovering from surgery. What will I use for an excuse then?
I know that I am not supposed to use an "event" as my motivation to lose weight, but it is my 25 year class reunion in August.... just found that out today. Surprisingly, this new info helped keep me motivated when the "Sweet Tooth Fairy" starting calling my name. Don't ever start the "Sweet Tooth Fairy" habit... it's a bad one... and expensive. Get thee hence, cupcakes.
Better go to bed before I mess up a perfect day of journaling and points consumption.


8 comments:
Yay! Good for you! I'll be watching and cheering you on (and hoping for some motivation for myself...)
hey you were my 1st WW partner and helped me through it. You shared with me your bags of 2-3 pt snacks etc. haha good times. Good luck to you. You can do it and i promise you WILL feel better both physically and emotionally!!!!! Hang in there. I'm here for you.
You are amazing! We're behind you all the way!
Good Luck Tanya! I'm right there with you. I started about 6 weeks ago though, on a quest to "prove my Dr wrong" Little did I know I would prove him right! Hang in there Woman!!
I joined a weeke ago tomorrow and it is not a easy thing I love food to Hang in there I keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end.
Way to go. I need to join you. I have fallen off the curves band wagon. And I have joined the sugar bandwagon. Not a good way to go.
You can do it!! And when you get a craving for sweets call me and we will go for a walk!!! Love ya
I am going finish what I started!
Post a Comment