Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Just a thought...

In recent months I've given a lot of thought to what it takes to raise children, be a "good" wife, work and fulfill a church calling. As of late, the voices in my head (and there are many) say, "can't someone else do this for awhile?"
Just today I came across this quote by President Ezra T. Benson
. . . . .
"Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, stregthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and pour out peace"
. . . . .
Wow!! I marvel at my dependency on my Heaven Father. It lifts such a burden.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Love, love, love that quote! Thanks for sharing!! Just so you know-it took me FOREVER to figure out that you were talking about me in your last comment on my blog. I kept thinking that you didn't have any children with names that rhymed with the ones you had written. I didn't realize it until just now, 5 hours later. I'm a sharp one, huh? You can't get anything past me. :)

April said...

That was awesome! Thanks for the good thought for the day! I loved it!

Brousseau Family said...

Hi guys! I'm having so much fun finding people's blogs today. I can't believe I found yours - I am totally excited to keep in touch now - we sure miss having you across of the street. . .

Heather said...

Hey! I just found you through the craigs' blog. Thanks for the quote. I needed that. You are amazing.

The 5 Disney Lovers said...

nice quote, you spiritual giant you. You never fail me Tanya :-) Yeah it does seem like yesterday that we were keeping it a secret that I was PG with Brayde huh? How time flies. Those were the good ole days. Sure miss watching my good friend Tanya mow her lawn in bare feet. :-)