Sunday, May 31, 2009

This and that...

A little bit of May...


For Mother's Day Rachel, Elli and Ben planted some flowers in our front yard. They were so excited to tell me that they bought all yellow flowers because it is my favorite color. What a happy gift!!


I was sick on Mother's Day and had to stay home from church. I took a picture as the kids were leaving... at least they brought me back a GIANT sized chocolate bar from the ward! :)

Ben went fishing at school. When he got home he pulled a fish out of his backpack...head, tail and all! We cooked it on the BBQ and it was pretty tasty!

June 22, 2009 marked Ben's graduation day from kindergarten. This is one of his teachers, Mrs. Nielsen. All his teachers at Mt. Loafer were AMAZING and we will miss them! Ben will attending Cherry Creek for 1st Grade next year. Can't wait to have him a little closer to home!


They put on such a fun, entertaining graduation program!

One of our dogs, Zelda, dug out of the backyard and was hit by a car three weeks ago. She broke her leg and I'm still feeling guilty for not being a more vigilant pet owner. It was a nasty break and we were worried it wouldn't heal. Had it x-rayed a few days ago and everything is looking good. Thank goodness for the faith and prayers of children who love their dog!!! She kept chewing through the cast, so as you can see it is now a duct tape cast. Duct tape CAN fix anything!!

Caught this beautiful bumble bee gathering nectar.


Elli reminded me that we still didn't have a picture of her in her baptism dress. Her Grandma Melanie made this for her. We love our Elli!

And the wine barrel... I finally filled it with some of my favorite things!

The kids are out of school now... more posts to come!

3 comments:

April said...

Oh your flowers are beautiful! I loved reading up on your happenings- sorry about your dog- hopefully he learned a good lesson :) Sure love you! Let's get together soon!!

ShazBraz said...

Lovely pix; thanks for sharing them!

Danielle said...

You are so lucky! I was sick and home from church on Mothers Day as well but I didn't get a candy bar! Love the flowers and all the pictures!