Sunday, March 8, 2009

I'm alive again...

I haven't posted in awhile. I took a brief hiatus from the blogging world. I turned to a new love. Facebook. Everyday I promised myself that I would only log on once. It didn't happen. I was strangely drawn to the frequent updates of family and friends. Reconnecting with the old and new in my life has been fun, interesting, and has caused more introspection than I was expecting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up facebook anytime soon.

Every Fall marks the beginning of a season with no yard sales, no Saturday morning high, no treasure hunt... Each winter a little piece of me begins to die. Thank goodness for the onset of Spring! Craig's List and KSL.com yard sale postings slowly begin to appear. And so it begins... I'm alive again!!

Yesterday, I, Heather, and Sachiko (two friends that understand the magnetic forces of a good deal) went to several yard sales. We traveled far, weathered the bitter cold, picked through boxes until our fingers were frozen, and left no rock unturned. We celebrated our finds! I love my $1 pictures, $2 brand new pair of shoes, $1 skirt, $5 area rug and .50 jeans and shirts for the girls. Thanks for inviting me! It feels good to be alive :)

5 comments:

April said...

HOORAY for a "good finds!" I'm glad you are alive again! And I love your background! LOVE YOU, even MORE!

Sachiko said...

LOL!! That was so much fun! Yes I know exactly what you mean. During the winter I felt that something was missing. That was it, yard sales! Even though it was so cold and my nose was running, I had a blast. I am so happy with my findings too!

ShazBraz said...

oh, so jealous! I love me a good yard sale! (Everyone laughs at me because I go to DI at least a couple of times a week; esp. in the winter...)

The 5 Disney Lovers said...

oh how i miss going to YOUR yard sales with all the good stuff. I always had the junk and you always had the nice treasures. :-) Glad you had a good time.

Heather said...

Ah, that was rejuvinating wasn't it? I'm still smiling about it and telling everyone I can about Katie's 50 cent jacket in perfect condition and Presley's life jacket and pants and skirt and the baby's shorts. Thanks so much for going with me and making it even more fun, even if you did drink WAY too much liquid!