Last year we were invited to the school to watch Rachel receive an award from her 3rd grade teacher. Alex and I sat with anticipation wondering what kind of recognition our daughter was soon to receive. Then it was announced... Rachel Roylance... "most improved behavior". We looked at each other and said, "is that an award?!" Seeing the smile on Rachel's face let us know that yes, it is indeed, an award. Not to mention, one that she worked hard for!
.
Another invitation came last week. This year was bound to be different. As I waited in the auditorium, camera in hand, I found myself getting a little nervous. And then the announcement came. This award goes to...Rachel Roylance... for "improving work ethic". Yep, that is an award. She was thrilled. And so were we.
.


8 comments:
Oh that made me smile this morning! Way to go Rachael!
Ok, I love the look on her face. Way to go Rachel!!!
Cute pictures, cute girl (cool lockers!)
That is really neat and they think that it is geat to
I was there when she got that award last year. You were laughing so hard you could hardly contain yourself! I'm glad she got another great award this year :)
Oh, your post cracked me up! You know, an award is an award and it's always nice to receive recognition. Congratulations Rachel!
Oh that is too funny! I can totally picture your reaction too. I think my favorite part about this post though is Rachel's facial expression and stance in the second picture. I love a girl with that kind of confidence! Way to go, Rachel!
Yo people! The kid in the secend picture, red shirt, plaid coat, that is my friend!!!
- Rachel
Post a Comment