Tuesday, September 23, 2008

There's nothing like it...

Everytime one of the kids draws a picture or brings an art project home from school, I can't help but smile...there's nothing like it!


Because of Aspbergers, Ben's verbal skills don't always cooperate. He LOVES to draw and spell words. When he won't talk to us, we ask him to draw a picture on his drawing box (his best friend, the magnadoodle). We are always amazed at how well he communicates through pictures.



Pictures courtesy of Rachel, Elli and Ben

6 comments:

kristie said...

You have some great artist in your mist!

minerfam said...

So cute! I love kids art too, but I think your kids are art geniuses - Their pictures are so good!

Venita said...

Tanya, I love reading your blog!! I don't check in every day, but I do every few days. Thanks for being such a great mom to my grandkids, and such a great wife to my son!

Venita

April said...

Move over picasso! LOVE YOU!

Jen said...

You are more than wise- art is an amazing tool for expression, esp. in the non-verbal. Ben is lucky to have you and you him. Keep moving forward! Love Jen

Deborah said...

Tanya, I love the art. It makes me want to declare tonight an art night for the whole fam. So fun. Your children are so lucky to have you as a mom.