(toast a slice of wheat bread, spread with pb, top with sliced tomatoes -preferably fresh from the garden and salt & pepper to taste)
Maybe it's one of my callings on earth or maybe it's just that it taste so darn good, but...I must share this delite! A few have tried and rejected its perfection, but it will never stop me from sharing. I first tasted this sandwich as a teenager in a deli at Newport Beach. It's a completely unexpected treat!
I love the rain..it makes me want to curl up with a blanket, drink hot peach jello and watch a happy movie (most likely a chick flick). No luck today though. The kids are home from school today and my rainy day desires were VETOed. I settled for several intense games of Sorry (it's cut throat at our house), a laundry folding party in my bedroom and a trip to the grocery store.
What is Labor Day anyway?!
Rachel and Elli keep asking me, "What is Labor Day?". I keep avoiding the question because truthfully, I don't know. I thought that since I'm 41 years old and a mother who should be helping enrich her children's brains, I should find out. So, for all those who don't know what Labor Day is (and I know there are a few), here it goes...
Labor Day is observed on the first Monday of September. The holiday originated in 1882 as the Central Labor Union sought to create "a day off for the working citizens".
Well, at least not knowing the "true" meaning of Labor Day never stopped my from enjoying the holiday.


6 comments:
I love rain too! Growing up in Japan I always loved the smell the rain brings and the calmness I felt. I used to stay home and work on my projects or curl up in bed with good books. It is a little harder to do so now, but I still love rainy days.
Thanks for telling me what Labor Day was for. I got the same question and had no answer.
I love you Tanya.
Thats all I have to say...
Your post makes me love you and miss your guts!!
You really like that little "treat" of a sandwich? What is this about hot peach jello?? We have some talking to do next time we see each other, I find this all a little disturbing. I still love you (for now, but I will reserve my future feelings about you-until you are able to explain these so called "delights" to me).
you're a genious! Rebecca and I had this for lunch. It was yummy, plus I was able to "sneak" in the tomatoes without her realizing it...heheheh
Tanya, the tom, pb sandwich, NO thanks!!!!
Hey, when shall we go to lunch with Becky? When is good for you? I am trying to set this thing up. Email me, my email is:
stermich@netzero.com
Michelle
Post a Comment