Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend in the red cliffs...

The kids and I spent the weekend in St. George visiting cousins while Alex was hunting. We had some car trouble in Fillmore, but thanks to Uncle Mark's instructions and the service center man at Shell, we were able to make it to St. George safely. When we arrived in St. George the car overheated again and began dumping antifreeze. A few calls later we were surrounded by family...Grandma Mel & Co., cousin Ryan (who hooked us up with a great mechanic), and Aunt Syd & Co. I felt so blessed and protected! We still had a great time in spite of the $750 car repair bill!

Elli, Chazz, Mitchell, Rachel & Ben at the St. George Jumpin' Jacks

At one point, the lights were turned off, disco lights were turned on and loud dance music played. The kids had a blast shaking their groove things!

This is a cross street in Ivins. Rachel and Mitchell are three months apart in age and have a club called the "chells". They thought this was pretty cool! Rachel was excited to visit Mitchell because they "hadn't had a club meeting for a long time!"

Happy Birthday tomorrow, Mitchell!

Rachel bought a box of Jelly Bellies at the Chocolate Factory. It had flavors such as baby wipes, pencil shavings, moldy cheese, etc. She tried everyone and always made sure there was a garbage can close by...just in case! A year ago, we bought some "Bernie Botts" (the Harry Potter collection) and Elli ate the vomit one and loved it! We've teased her ever since. She tried it again and decided that she "doesn't like vomit jelly beans anymore!"

A trip to St. George is not complete without visiting the Chevron in Beaver (even if they did try to sell me a new set of tires...)

Alex, don't worry about your wife and children while your hunting...we've got everything under control!

7 comments:

Elisa said...

Can't believe your car broke down!! But it looks like you made the best of things... like you always do! What a great weekend. I just love family get aways!

April said...

Hooray! What a fun weekend- even with a few bumps in the road! I love you!

The 5 Disney Lovers said...

Hey I wanna go to St George, okay I'll just settle with going to lunch with you again soon. :-)

Anonymous said...

Church is not church without Tanya Roylance. :) Looks like you had a fun weekend though. Love ya!

kristie said...

MOre car trouble! I thought you had it all fixed before you left.

Looks like you enjoyed youreselves!

Mandy said...

I hate cars, but I love you!! Sorry about the break down, that sure puts a damper on things doesn't it??? I would never let Alex go hunting again, I think it was a sign (just a suggestion :). Glad your back and we will see you soon!

Deborah said...

Oh my gosh, you make me laugh! Okay, if it were me, I would still be traumatized by the car breaking down...you seem to always take things in stride! Love ya tons!