Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloweened out...

The Kids had a blast this week celebrating Halloween. The celebration started with a trip to Grandma Lynda's annual family Halloween get together. We had yummy chili, carved pumpkins and listened to several children not using their indoor voices for about two hours...
Sticking your tongue out makes pumpkin carving easier!


Vampire teeth and Ben's ghost pumpkin


Rachel designing her pumpkin and cute Aunt Marie and Christian

Tuesday night we ventured over to the nursing home where Grandma Melanie works. They put on an awesome party, with LOTS of fun stuff for the kids to do!

Alex always likes to create his own costume.
This is what he came up this year...

I'm not quite sure if it is church approved...

Grandma Mel appeared as "The Witch". She cackled, cracked jokes and made a witches's brew for the kids to drink. She does an amazing job! Last year the kids didn't even know it was her. She has frequent requests to make guest visits at Hallowen parties.

Grandma Mel referred to Elli as "little witchy poo"

The kids enjoying the delightful decor at Grandpa and Grandma Mel's house.

I can hardly wait to throw these pumpkins away on November 1st. They are so shriveled up and have teeny tiny little buggy things crawling in them.

4 comments:

Van Leuven said...

sounds like you have had a lot of fun this week. your kids are growing up so fast I can't belive how big they are getting. I miss living out there.

miklayla said...

looks like fun, where was your costume??

miklayla said...

oops that last comment was me, michelle

April said...

How fun! Alex looks awesome and your pumpkins are great! I love it!