Sunday, November 16, 2008

What I know...

Sometimes I complicate life. I try to re-invent the wheel (as Georgia would tell me). I'm a "wheel re-inventer". Sometimes my brain won't turn off thinking about how to tweek this and how to tweek that. I forget the things I already know.

I had an epiphany at church today.

I need to return to the things I've learned...nothing new or profound and really not too original.

Here are a few things that I've learned:
God lives and loves me.
God loves everyone just as much as He loves me.
I can't change other people...only myself
Share everything
Play fair
Say you're sorry when you hurt someone
Clean up your own mess
Don't take things that aren't yours
Happiness comes from serving someone besides yourself
Be kind
Remember people's names
Practice what you preach
Forgive people quickly
Put things back where you found them
Do more listening, less talking
I am a Child of God
***
It's knowing and living the most simple things that brings the most happiness and peace.

5 comments:

ShazBraz said...

Beautiful, Tanya, thank you!

How did Saturday go?

April said...

I loved your sweet post! And I LOVE YOU! You are quite tremendous! Thanks for the lift today!

Goodkids said...

Thanks for always making my day, Tanya. Love ya tons!!

Jen said...

Thanks for the reality check! Love you- Jen

Sachiko said...

Gosh Tanya, you always inspire me in such a special way. Love ya!